Call Now 1-800-640-3718

Workout of the Month - TRX Progression 3 with Coach Reem Jishi

Join OutRival Racing and The Run Formula Coach Reem Jishi as she takes you through the third progression in this full body TRX series.
Read Full Story

Tackling the Trails

Trail running is fun – let’s start with that. When on the trails, you get to splash through puddles, prance over rocks, get dirty, and channel your inner bad ass…basically do many of the things that your parents scolded you for when you were a child. (Or maybe it was just my parents!) Anyway, once you get comfortable on the trails, it can be your new playground! Whether you’re opting to thinking about entering your first trail race, or simply curious about adding trail running to your training routine, here’s a few tips to get you started and ensure you have fun!
Read Full Story

Athlete Spotlight - Devin McCormick

Meet The Run Formula one on one athlete Devin McCormick coached by Beth Peterson.
Read Full Story

Workout of the Month - TRX Progression 2 with Coach Reem Jishi

Join OutRival Racing Coach Reem Jishi as she takes you through the second progression in this full body TRX series.
Read Full Story

Need Hip Mobility?? Hurdle!

As a high school and collegiate hurdler many moons ago, I trained to sprint, maneuver, stretch, eat, sleep and breathe everything with “hurdles”. I was my fastest and most flexible during this time of my life. Of course, youth and the specificity of being a sprinter and power-based athlete made me fast, but also, the hurdle drills and mobility routines I performed developed me into a more efficient runner, which meant “faster”. This hip mobility work molded coordinated movement patterns, improved my rotational balance and agility, and strengthened my core and lower body all while requiring my hips to develop fluidity, flexibility and a great range of motion.
Read Full Story

Athlete Spotlight - Heather Dougherty

Meet The Run Formula Mission Athlete Heather Dougherty coached by Jack Pilla
Read Full Story

Workout of the Month - Tri & Run Strength with Coach Mary Kelley - Weights & Bands #7

Coach Mary Kelley of OutRival Racing introduces 6 strength, stability core exercises that can be done anywhere, during any phase of training. Stabilize your core, strengthen your posterior chain, and work every major muscle group with this efficient session designed for triathletes and runners.
Read Full Story

Pre-Run Strength Routine

As a personal trainer and running coach, when I prepare run training programs, strength training is always an integral part. Strength training has many benefits including contributing to increased lean muscle mass, strength of connective tissue, bone density, resting metabolism and cardiovascular health. Strength training can also improve balance, coordination and posture, boost energy levels and improve mood. As runners, strength training, particularly exercises focused on lateral hip stability and rotational core strength, helps us attain and maintain proper running form, which in turn allows us to run longer and faster, and reduces the likelihood of injury.
Read Full Story

Embrace The Chill: A Guide To Winter Running

The temperatures drop; the fires roar. Winter is time to snuggle under a blanket and sip on tea. Best way to survive winter? Hunker down and stay inside until the frost melts! Growing up in the south, this was definitely my point of view. However, after more than 20 years living in Vermont, I have learned this mentality couldn’t be further from the truth.
Read Full Story

The Switch

“The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.” – Bob Marley
Read Full Story
Training
Join OutRival Racing and The Run Formula Coach Reem Jishi as she takes you through the third progression in this full body TRX series.
Trail running is fun – let’s start with that. When on the trails, you get to splash through puddles, prance over rocks, get dirty, and channel your inner bad ass…basically do many of the things that your parents scolded you for when you were a child. (Or maybe it was just my parents!) Anyway, once you get comfortable on the trails, it can be your new playground! Whether you’re opting to thinking about entering your first trail race, or simply curious about adding trail running to your training routine, here’s a few tips to get you started and ensure you have fun!
Meet The Run Formula one on one athlete Devin McCormick coached by Beth Peterson.
Join OutRival Racing Coach Reem Jishi as she takes you through the second progression in this full body TRX series.
As a high school and collegiate hurdler many moons ago, I trained to sprint, maneuver, stretch, eat, sleep and breathe everything with “hurdles”. I was my fastest and most flexible during this time of my life. Of course, youth and the specificity of being a sprinter and power-based athlete made me fast, but also, the hurdle drills and mobility routines I performed developed me into a more efficient runner, which meant “faster”. This hip mobility work molded coordinated movement patterns, improved my rotational balance and agility, and strengthened my core and lower body all while requiring my hips to develop fluidity, flexibility and a great range of motion.
Meet The Run Formula Mission Athlete Heather Dougherty coached by Jack Pilla
Coach Mary Kelley of OutRival Racing introduces 6 strength, stability core exercises that can be done anywhere, during any phase of training. Stabilize your core, strengthen your posterior chain, and work every major muscle group with this efficient session designed for triathletes and runners.
As a personal trainer and running coach, when I prepare run training programs, strength training is always an integral part. Strength training has many benefits including contributing to increased lean muscle mass, strength of connective tissue, bone density, resting metabolism and cardiovascular health. Strength training can also improve balance, coordination and posture, boost energy levels and improve mood. As runners, strength training, particularly exercises focused on lateral hip stability and rotational core strength, helps us attain and maintain proper running form, which in turn allows us to run longer and faster, and reduces the likelihood of injury.
The temperatures drop; the fires roar. Winter is time to snuggle under a blanket and sip on tea. Best way to survive winter? Hunker down and stay inside until the frost melts! Growing up in the south, this was definitely my point of view. However, after more than 20 years living in Vermont, I have learned this mentality couldn’t be further from the truth.
“The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.” – Bob Marley